Further Glasgow Trams of the past
© Copyright 1979 Prescott-Pickup & Co. Ltd. (Efforts to contact the company were unsuccesful and it is believed they are no longer trading).
Left to Right;
Glasgow Standard Tramcar (ex Paisley) number 1066. Built from 1912 to 1919.
Glasgow Standard Tramcar (ex Paisley) number 1057. Built from 1912 to 1919.
Left to right;
Glasgow Standard Tramcar (Angled Dash) number 22. Built from 1910 to 1924
Glasgow Standard Tramcar (Round Dash) number 812.
Glasgow Coronation Mark 1 number 1173. Built between 1937 and 1940
Glasgow Cornationaion Mark 2 or Cunarder number 1297. Built between 1948 and 1952.
Some versions of the Glasgow Trams.
More of the Glasgow Trams.
© Copyright – The Herald & Times Group
Reproduced Courtesy of The Herald & Times Group.
This view shows Duke Street (left), Westmuir Street (centre) and Tollcross Road (right). At the corner of Westmuir Street and Duke Street is the shop of William Marshall, bootmaker. At the Westmuir Street and Tollcross Road junction is the small brick structure that was the Glasgow Corporation Points Control Box. The lady on the right of the photograph looks as though she’s on the way home from “The Steamie” at Helenvale Street.
© Copyright The Scottish Motor Museum Trust
Reproduced by kind permission of Scottish Motor Musem Trust.
Parkhead Cross viewed from the Gallowgate looking towards Duke Street (immediate left), Westmuir Street, Tollcross Road (with Parkhead Library on right), and Burgher Street on right. A Green Goddess tram is exiting from Tollccross Road while a Standard tram is emerging from Westmuir Street. Cars noted are Austin Cambridge, Rover 90, Ford Zodiac, Ford Popular
This 1962 view is from Westmuir Street looking into the Cross with Duke Street to the immediate right and Springfield Road straight ahead and the Gallowgate to the right. The view shows a Cunarder Tram turning into Westmuir Street heading for Shettleston and Baillieston. The car on the cross looks like an Austin Cambridge. The shop at the corner of Westmuir Street and Duke Street is William Marshall, Bootmakers and the shops opposite on the Cross are the City Bakeries and Maypole.
A 1962 view of Westmuir Street with a Cunarder Tram heading for Baillieston with a Bedford Dormobile in front. Crail Street is just to the left and Parkhead Public School can be seen on the right hand side just at Back Causeway. There is an opticians on the right behind the Bedford.
A 1961 view looking down Tollcross Road towards the depot and Tollcross.